Besides retail stores and restaurants there are many other types of companies like financial institutions, health care facilities, hotels to name just a few that use mystery shoppers.
Here are five things that you should know about mystery shopping.
- You should not pay a fee to become a mystery shopper. This is well known but unfortunately some companies still try to get away with it.
- There is mystery shopping online as well as in brick and mortar stores. Online companies need the same information that more traditional stores. So you can mystery shop from home.
- Some companies pay in merchandise as well as cash.
- if you are looking to find out about legitimate research companies and just about anything dealing with mystery shopping then go to Mysteryshop.org
- You probably won’t be able to make a full time job out of it but it certainly would be an interesting way to make money and get free services or products.